Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's a Spring Break Miracle!

It is Spring Break for my little ducklings. So far I am quite proud of myself for not physically harming them in any way because it has been rough. But those are gripes for another day. What is shocking is that in the midst of all of this craziness, Tiger has apparently decided that he is ready to potty train. Now I tried this many months ago and he had ZERO interest whatsoever, but low and behold on the first day of Spring Break he decides that he must wear underwear. I humored him and just expected him to get wet, which he did. But then this afternoon, after a VERY long morning, and a VERY long afternoon at the zoo, and then a VERY insane bathing session with the kids, Tiger decided that he wanted to sit on the potty and watch Wonder Pets. As soon as he sat down, he did it!! I am still in shock. The kid is almost 4 and I really didn't expect to do this until this summer. Well, once again the kid is proving that he will do things on his own terms. I just hope this goes well. I am getting old and tired you know.

3 comments:

Emilia said...

congrats on underwear!!!

I haven't killed my kids either. When they're all back to school on Monday, we deserve pastries. Seriously.

Trish said...

Not fair. We are trying to potty train this week and it isn't his idea. It's mine. We are making some progress, but I don't see how I can keep going. It's driving me crazy.

Kurt & Shawn said...

What a great guy! He always makes me smile. Hang in there, mom!