Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A moment of spontenaity

On Saturday is was pouring down rain all day. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to be doing laundry all day when Doug suggested that we go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton. Sure, why not? That was definitely better than sitting around the house watching the kids turn on each other as their boredom mounted. So, we ate some lunch, packed up the kids and headed out of town. By the time we got to the museum, we only had about 2 1/2 hours until it closed and since the museum is ENORMOUS, we had to really hustle through to see everything. Doug was definitely in his element and was able to spend the day educating a wide-eyed Sparky on all things aeronautical. In fact, Sparky loved the museum so much that he has informed us that he wants to come back for his birthday. KK did pretty good, but she had a hard time keeping her hands to herself and just wanted to touch everyhing. Since my little Tiger was so tired, he was happy to sit in his stroller or on Doug's shoulders for a good deal of the time. Of course I forgot my camera and so the only pictures we have are these really bad ones from Doug's phone. It was a great day and I am really glad that we went. We need to be spontaneous more often.

1 comment:

Sharlynn said...

We went to that museum when we lived there. How fun. That is one thing I love about that area, there are so many things to visit and see and many great parks and splash pads. I miss all that. Being spontaneous can be really fun. I am married to Mr. Spontaneous.