Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My baby is now a big boy



Here is Tiger this morning on his way into his first day of preschool. He now goes to preschool 4 mornings a week. I wasn't planning on sending him to school until next year because three years of preschool is a bit of an overkill, but sometimes life throws us a curveball and we just have to jump in and deal with it. So for me that means doing what is best for my boy and letting my baby go a bit ealier than I would have liked. This would have been a lot harder on me had he not been so incredibly excited. He knows that he is a big kid now and for the last week has been dying to go to preschool.
"Come on mom, I go to preschool"

He was so great. He walked right up to the school doors and let the teacher take him right in with the other kids. I was quite impressed considering he had no idea what to expect or what was going on when I handed him off this morning. I even managed not to cry in front of him. I did my best to make it back to the car before I really lost it, but I am sure it was obvious to everyone around me that I wasn't doing a very good job of holding it together. That's ok. Hopefully I have it all out of my system and tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

Your kids have always been so independent. I am so proud of him. I feel like we haven't talked forever! I didn't know Tyler was going 4 days a week - you are so lucky! Let's talk soon so I can hear all about it.