Friday, October 22, 2010

Point Taken

I am not a decorator.  Not at all.  I barely have anything on my walls and the only holiday that I even somewhat decorate for is Christmas.  It's just not one of my strengths and not something that really crosses my mind.  My daughter on the other hand thinks about it frequently.  She is often trying to make our table look pretty and she really wishes that we always had a center piece, table cloth/place mats, and a full place setting.  She wishes that we had holiday decorations and she desperately wishes that I would get around to painting and decorating her room.  Well, with my girl in mind I attempted to put together a fall table centerpiece and I asked the Woo to gather some leaves to go with it.  After we were finished she looked at me and said, "Thanks mom.  It just makes me feel more at home when our house looks pretty."  Ouch.  Apparently the little touches do make a difference and apparently I need to learn how to decorate and I will do it for my Woo.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

She sounds like Kasey used to. I got to where I would buy stuff and Kasey would get it out and decorate every year. She loved doing that, and I did not. It was a win-win. She still loves to decorate for the holidays. The problem was putting it up. Neither one of us wanted to do that. One time, Christmas stayed up until February. Well, the tree did. Now that the kids are all gone, I am back to my old ways and don't want to decorate, but grandkids get after me. Can't wait for them to get big enough to come and do it! I say---decorate away little Miss Woo! Good for you :)

Kurt & Shawn said...

Let's get her room done!!!!