Monday, August 29, 2011

We had a birthday last week (Miles, these pictures are for you)

Last week my little boy turned 11!  I guess that I really shouldn't call him my little boy anymore, but I am in denial that he is getting older.  We had a low-key birthday since it fell on the second day of school and we were busy, busy, busy.  Still, I think he had a good day.  (Sorry the pictures are so bad.  Between the horrible lighting in my dining area and the color of the walls, pictures don't stand a chance.)

 Giant birthday cupcake, which he was unfortunately too stuffed to even eat.  That's what I get for making a super tasty dinner with all of this boy's favorite things.  And when you never eat and can live off of a thimble full of food, it doesn't take much to fill your tummy.
 "Really, Mom?  It's a jar of pickles you say?  Alright!"
 Just kidding.  It's a card from the cousins.  Oh, how we miss the cousins.  Thanks guys!
 More Pokemon cards.  Apparently the love of Pokemon will never die.  No matter how badly I wish it would.
This boy just loves gum and his sister knows it.  She also just loves her brother, and her love is strong.  Happy 11 big guy.

4 comments:

Kurt & Shawn said...

Happy 11 is right. We just love that boy as well. Great size for a cupcake!!!

Dehner Family said...

This is Miles... Dillon - cool Pokemon cards. I like gum too. Was your cupcake good? It looks good. I miss you.

Beth said...

Thanks Miles. I miss you too. I hope you are liking school. For my birthday I was able to save all of my money and buy a Nintendo 3DS. It is really cool and it takes pictures.

rachel said...

So, Beth, I am glad to know I am not the only mother who wishes Pokemon would disappear. :)