Monday, January 2, 2012

Wish List - it's the new resolution

It turns out that my husband curls up and dies a little inside at the thought of setting goals or making resolutions, even if it is with me, his adorable wife.  So, I have decided to go ahead and fly solo on this one.  I have also decided to call it my "Wish List" instead of my resolutions or goals.  Here's a few:

1. Wake up at 6:00 on school days.  Not 6:30.  Not 6:20.  Not 6:05 and then telling myself that I am just going to rest for a few minutes only to find that suddenly it is 6:30 and time to start waking up the kids.  Just think of all that I could do with that 30 minutes of free time in the morning.

2.  Exercise 5 days a week.  I was really, really good about this until summer hit and since then I have been in a state of exercise rebellion.  However, I think my rebellion has come to an end and it is time to start this work-out thing back up again.

3.  Clean-up and organize the basement.  It's not a pretty sight.  I don't let anyone down there.

4.  Get my house ready to sell.  Because certainly this is the year, right?  Right?  Plus, if I already have my house ready, then it will be so much easier when the moment finally does come.  Also, wouldn't it be nice to actually enjoy the finished product for awhile before just handing it over to someone else?

5.  Sell my house.  Sounds good to me.  No idea where we will go or what we will do or how it will even happen, but a girl has to have dreams.  And in my dreams it is warm and the sun is usually shining.

That's all I am sharing for now.  I have more, but they are of a more personal nature and not something I am willing to throw out there to the world.  But I will say that I am excited for this coming year.  I think it is going to be great!

1 comment:

Kurt & Shawn said...

I agree! 2012 is going to be WONDERFUL!!!!!!!