Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One step closer to leaving me (sniff)

Today was a momentous occasion for this little girl.  She walked into the orthodontist office looking like my precious little 8 year old and came out one big step closer to adolescence.  It kind of breaks my heart a little bit.  These cute little braces, one with a pink band and one with an orange band (and a pallet expander that you can't see), remind me that in the blink of an eye she is going to be looking down on me (because there is no doubt that she will be taller than myself) and yelling about the unfairness of life and that I am the meanest mom on the face of the earth because I won't let her go to some party with a bunch of hooligans thus ruining her life forever.  No way.  She is going to remain my precious little dreamboat of an angel for ever and ever and she is going to want to be with me always.  Well, maybe not always, but she will remain a dreamboat.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Wow. Eight is so young for braces! My kids don't have braces yet, but they do remind me on a regular basis that I am doing my parenting all wrong, and one of them in particular constantly rants about the unfairness of life. She is only 10. Sigh. Why can't they stay cute? I hope she stays a dreamboat for you.

Dehner Family said...

They turned out great. I love the color choices for her bands! Hopefully she isn't in too much pain. I hated braces - and I was 25 :)