Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Setting fire to minor explosives - aka, The 4th of July

I may, or may not have stopped at a fireworks store one afternoon and purchased some fun little explosives as a way of celebrating our nation's freedom. These fireworks may or may not have been legal, but since I don't have any actual pictures of those then I guess the world will never know.
Sparky had it in his head that he just had to have some army men to blow up this year. I wasn't too keen on the idea, but my husband kindly let me know that this is what boys do. So I stepped back and let my boys be boys. Many little plastic men were melted into unrecognizable blobs throughout the night and as a result my two boys discovered a new found love for these little army men. Since then many a battle has been fought between them in little Lego built forts.
On the legal side of things, my kids get quite a kick out of smoke bombs and they love to run through the smoke. They have each learned that you don't breathe while you run through the smoke. A lesson each of them only had to learn once.
Tiger gets so excited each time a smoke bomb starts to smoke. He jumps up and down and shakes his hands. He is very easily entertained you see.
Of course a night of explosives wouldn't be a night without sparklers. Always a favorite of the kids. Well, except for Tiger. He's a little too afraid of getting burned, but he is happy to watch the others run around with their sticks of fire.

Yessirree, we sure do love our fireworks. Hopefully next year it won't be so dry because we were a little too nervous to set off any really good ones this year. I don't think my neighbors would have liked it very much if we had burned down the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Heather A said...

Jealous! One thing I really miss living up here is fieworks on the 4th. No sparklers either. It just doesn't get dark enough to make them look right. :(