Friday, November 26, 2010

It was a birthday miracle

Yesterday was my dear mother's birthday and we celebrated by eating turkey.  For my mom's birthday, she really wanted a set of the really big scriptures and since it is very hard to find a decent looking scripture bag for those over sized scriptures, my sister and I decided to make my mom her very own bag.  I have to admit that I was very nervous about the success of this project because whenever I undertake a new fabric project I always have questions and my mom is always there to tell me what to do, but in this case I couldn't run to her for help.  Also, picking out fabric is not really a strength of mine due to the fact that I have no vision.  Unless the fabrics are grouped specifically together in a set, I become very overwhelmed because I am not good at putting different combos together.  Again, this is an area where my mother usually comes in handy and since I couldn't ask her, I was very glad that my dear sister was helping with this project.  She is very good at putting colors and patterns together and she has great vision.  So, with the two of us working together we were successful and the end result turned out rather smashing.  Plus, I had a lot of fun working with my sister.  It is nice to know that I now have two people I can go to with my fabric crafting needs.

Mr. Nutcracker decided that this looked like a good place to hang for a while.  Also, won't my mom look fabulous carrying this chic thing on her arm on Sundays?

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Very cute! She will love it!

Kurt & Shawn said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! And I am very proud of my girls!! My heart swells.