Friday, November 26, 2010

From the Holy Land

Isn't it breathtaking.  It is made of Olive wood.  I have been in serious need of a nativity scene and so this year I finally broke down and bought the Little People version for the kids to play with (by the way, Tiger has been trying to take the angel with him everywhere.  He feels that angels like to go to Home Depot as well).  I thought that was pretty cool until my parents gave this to me.  Gorgeous!  They bought one for each of us kids when they were in Israel last year and they kept it a secret this whole time.  Little stinkers.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Mom and Dad. I love it!! (Please ignore the fact that I have a shepherd sitting next to Joseph instead of Mary).

3 comments:

Carrie Nation said...

Beautiful! It's one of my life goals to have a wooden set from Germany someday. Your olive wood looks lovely. And aren't you glad you got the little people too so that Tiger takes that angel around and not the one from the Holy Land!

Kurt & Shawn said...

It looks WONDERFUL!! We are so glad you like it. Your dad and I had such a great time picking them out for all of you kids and then keeping it a secret. Yes, we are stinkers!!! Happy Holidays and Tiger cracks me up!!!!

rachel said...

I have a few nativity sets and I don't really love any of them. I have seen some Olive wood ones and I think it is really cool to have the carved from that particular wood. My problem is, the perfect set I love is found in a story book and I don't think anything like it exists in real life. I will just keep looking... Yours is very beautiful.