Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Two Zombies and a Pirate

Ah yes, another successful Halloween has come and gone and now we are all laying around in candy comas, at least until I confiscate all of the candy tomorrow.  This year I informed Sparky and Woo that I would not be buying them costumes and that they had to come up with something from what we had at home. Woo was having a hard time and didn't like any of my suggestions and Sparky didn't really want to dress up at all. So, voila, Zombies. Easy for me, fun for them.
This boy was so funny. He gagged and gagged and almost threw up as I was putting on the white make-up. Just one more reason he probably won't do well in drama. 
 This girl owned her Zombieness
 When little Tiger saw me making the Zombie costumes he wanted to be a Zombie so bad. For two days he kept talking about how we needed to make his Zombie costume, but then he saw the other two getting make-up on and informed me that he was not going to wear make-up. "Sorry kiddo," I said, "no make-up, no Zombie costume." That made the decision pretty easy. Captain Jack Sparrow at your service. Of course it's the whiskers that make this a Halloween costume versus everyday wear.  That, and the smirk.  For some reason the whiskers bring out the smirk. 
My other favorite of the night: instead of saying "Trick-or Treat" like all of the other kids, Tiger said, "Trick-or-Treasure."  I love a boy who fully commits to his persona.


5 comments:

Kasey said...

Kylee wanted to be a Zombie and I was down with that, but when my SIL Brooke sent Kamber an Angel costume I wanted the girls to match. I had to pay Kylee $5 to match with her! K is rockin' the Zombie for sure!

Kurt & Shawn said...

They were so much fun last night. They kill me everytime I see them they do such unique things. My heart swellith!!!!!

Dehner Family said...

You got some great pictures! They look awesome and I love free costumes :)

Buffy said...

Great idea! Love it! And seriously love that little pirate and want to squeeze him!

Anonymous said...

Mom and I always love to be with you. Halloween was no exception.