Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Friends

Today I am thankful for friends.  You see, today I had lunch with one of my oldest friends.  Now, when I say oldest I don't mean that she is old (unless you consider myself to be old, which I am now starting to do), I mean that she has known me for a very long time.  We have been through a lot together.  Good, bad, ugly, and even a bit of the illegal.  I love this friend.  I love that we can just be ourselves, in all of our good and bad glory, and that we can still be friends.  The fact that we had lunch together today is really not important or unusual, it's just that the conversation was extra fun today and it was the conversation that got me thinking about this friend of mine and friendship in general.  I am very thankful for the friends of mine who have lasted the test of time.  I am quite a bit to take and because of that friends come and friends go and I am thankful to have friends who have stuck around.  Today's friend is not the only enduring one that I have, I have quite a few of them all over the country, and I am thankful for each and everyone of them.  They have each come into my life at different times and places and the beauty of these friends is that I don't have to talk to them all the time or see them on a regular basis, but I know that they are there when I need them and I am here for them as well.  So, here's to you my friends, Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Kurt Dehner said...

Very sweet. Having friends who mean that much helps us reach outside ourselves. That was a great post.

Trish said...

Thanks Bethie! Right back at ya!