Friday, April 27, 2012

Tonight

1. My boys are doing what scouters do, camping in the freezing cold and desperately hoping it doesn't rain.

2. My throat hurts which makes me a teensy bit cranky.

3. Four more days (fingers crossed) until I get my counter tops, but most importantly my sink. I'll say it again, until you have lived without a kitchen sink you truly have no idea. My heartfelt sympathies for anyone who has ever been without a kitchen sink for any length of time. Also, I would have made a horrible pioneer.

4. Since we don't have a bathroom on our main level I have to go to the yucky basement to fill up containers of water for us to drink. I confess that every time I do this I sing (either to myself or out loud) the song that the girl in the man-village sings at the end of The Jungle Book.  I will leave you with that now.

I must go and fetch the water
Til the day that I am grown
Father's hunting in the forest
Mother's cooking in the home.

1 comment:

shawn dehner said...

You kill me!!! My heart runneth over!