Sunday, October 4, 2009

I thought that it would never happen

I tried to force it, which turned him ugly and did not go well at all, but in the end I had to be sneaky. Yes, Tiger is finally weaned of his precious plug. This is what it looked like when I was finally able to get rid of it.

As you can see it is just a shell of its former self. I have been slowly, VERY slowly breaking off little bits and pieces in an effort to get him to break his plug habit. Actually, first I poked holes into it with a pin and then I waited for him to chew on it enough to break it apart a little bit. This took quite a long time because he really doesn't chew on it. I thought that once it was broken he wouldn't want it anymore, but that was not the case. Up until a few days ago he still found a way to hold this sucker in his mouth. But alas, I won in the end. I finally broke it down to a place where it just became too hard for him to hold it in his little mouth. Wahoo. We are free at last. It's just a shame that I couldn't do this before it messed up his teeth.

1 comment:

Pye family said...

Way to go Ty! I just hope I have an easier time with Sarah.