Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How do you say "No"?

The following conversation took place Monday night at dinner:

Tiger: I'm all done. I do my jobs now.

Me: It's raining outside. You can't go outside, now eat your dinner. (The kids always have to do their jobs and homework before they go outside)

Tiger: I do my homework now.

Me: It's raining outside. You're not going outside.

Tiger: OK, I do my jobs now and then we go buy flip flops. You all done Daddy? We go buy flip flops. I go in Mommy's car and we buy flip flops. Come on Daddy. You all done now? Bye Mom, I go buy flip flops. Come on Daddy. I go buy flip flops.

So, what else were we supposed to do? We bought the kid some flip flops.

On a side note: He insisted on wearing them to bed that night and the next morning his toes were so sore that he couldn't even wear them.

2 comments:

Dehner Family said...

That is hilarious. I can't think of anything more comfortable than sleeping in flip flops! We need to get together - maybe we could meet up at the zoo :) I'm funny, right?!? The zoo!! HA

Valerie said...

We've had sleep-overs with shoes as well, I love that they love them so much:)