Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where did my sweet boy go?

Last week Tiger was sick.  A sad, flu-like sickness that took all of the energy out of his little body.  During that time many hours were spent snuggling and loving as well as a general catering-to needs.  Now I don't know what to do with this child.  The illness has past, but the effects still linger.  He is an emotional wreck.  He is very cranky.  He is argumentative.  He is incapable of handling the smallest of disappointments and melts down into a pile of inconsolable sadness that is almost impenetrable.  I have been firm.  I have been mean.  I have been kind and loving and I have been beyond patient.  I just wish I knew what was going on in his precious little head and I wonder where my sweet boy went?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give it time. He'll be back. What kid wouldn't be cranky after a week of being catered to and loved up by his Mom, only to have to go through the day without that.