Monday, June 27, 2011

We went for a trip just north of here a little bit

This past week was spent in the company of some wonderful people who also happen to be family members.  It also marked the first family reunion that I have been able to go to in about 12 years and so I was very grateful for everyone I was able to see this past week.  Honestly, I just love family and family reunions and I have been very sad for all of the ones that I have missed.  Many fun things took place during the week which I will slowly unfold over the course of several postings, but to start things off here are the pictures that I took from our trip to Kirtland.  I didn't take many pictures (I have no idea why) and so you will just have to enjoy this small sampling.

 Some cute little cousins playing a vicious game of checkers (made out of dried slices of ears of corn) which  really turned into a contest to see who could build the tallest checkers tower without it falling over.  I think they both lost because many little checker pieces found their way onto the ground.
  A lovely lady
 Two boy cousin friends.
 Two girl cousin friends.
 A sampling of the group intently listening to everything the tour guide had to say about the N.K Whitney General Store.
 Hey, here's a cute group in a candid shot.  I am sure they are more interested in what is being said by the tour guide than they look. 
 My love.
 I am sure that this girl, too, is more thrilled to be visiting Kirtland than this picture portrays.  Actually she had a ball, she is just annoyed that I am taking her picture.
 This little guy was a big wiggly and whiny for my tastes on this particular day.  Although once we got a few snacks in him he did seem to perk up a little bit.
We, as a family, standing by the saw mill.  If you haven't been before (and you are interested in Mormon history) than I highly recommend a trip up here.  Next up . . .well, I am not really sure, but more reunion pictures are sure to be included.

2 comments:

Dehner Family said...

I love that last picture of all of you guys. I'm thinking Christmas card :) Looks like a great trip and I'm so glad your kids had cousins to play with!

Trish said...

Sounds like it was lots of fun. Can't wait to hear about it!