Monday, March 19, 2012

5 Things

I think that I am once again being taught patience in my life and so in an effort to feel gratitude and to try to live in the moment I am in right now, I will now start stating 5 things that I am thankful for or that bring me joy. 

1. Tiger has decided to take a bath this morning. This means about 2 hours of blissful happy water play for my boy and some uninterrupted productive time for myself. Don't worry, I add more hot water around the 1 hour mark.

2.  The sun is shining so brightly.  It is filling my house with light and energizing me.

3.  It is supposed to be close to 80 degrees today.  Although that is a little hotter than I would like for March, I will take it.

4.  We have a big tree in our backyard which houses a million birds in the summer.  I love hearing their chatter coming through the window in the morning. It is the sound of Spring and of warmth and of the hope and possibilities that those two things bring.

5.  Although I will not be planting a garden this year, my father has a wonderful one and I get to live vicariously through him and his garden. I can hardly wait to get my hands into the dirt. Speaking of which, I never thought that I, someone who dislikes so much to get dirty and who does not enjoy sweating, would love to garden. But I do. My next house will have a big garden.

No comments: