Monday, March 26, 2012

The Orangetastic Birthday

My girl loves orange, orange, orange, and so when it was time to think abut her birthday I knew there was only one way to go. Orange. Orange decorations, orange cake, and everyone wore orange to the party (everyone meaning Woo, Sparky, and Tiger because they are the only ones who own orange clothing). 
 When my girl got home from school these super fun balloons were waiting in her room from Grandma D. How fun and cheery are they? So fun and cheery that Tiger was not able to leave them alone and all day long I found him in her room looking at them and feeling them and just hanging out with them.
 The orangetastic cake on which I must say that I totally outdid myself. Have you ever had Swiss Meringue Buttercream? Have you ever made it? It is silky and buttery and heavenly and takes quite a bit of time to make, but it is worth every effort. Holy heaven. It's just too bad that I now know just how much butter this frosting has.
 The birthday girl checking out her cake. She was dying to try it and to see the orange cake inside.
 Tiger being the cheeseball that he is. He saw me taking pictures and insisted that I take a picture of him, because of course if the camera is out, it must be to take pictures of his cute face.
 Tiger and Woo
 Opening presents. Of course there were a few surprises.
 Happy Birthday to my big 9 year old. She is precious and happy and sweet and funny and a general pleasure to be around. I love this girl. I just wish she would stop getting older. Although not pictured, this little celebration of orange was also attended by Doug, Sparky, Grandma D., Aunt Katie, and Uncle Chad, all of whom wonder how they ever got through life without surrounding themselves in orange.

2 comments:

Just a girl with a Gammell said...

She is wonderful!

Dehner Family said...

Okay, that cake look so yummy... I wish I could reach into my computer and grab a huge handful and stuff it right into my mouth. Nice work - it's beautiful! The balloons from Grandma and Grandpa Dehner are a huge hit here too. It's a fun tradition she's started - and they last forever. Happy Birthday to sweet little Kelsey!