Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Flipping in the big pool

Before I start the picture posting marathon, here are a few thoughts on our family trip to St. George, Utah.
1. If I never have to drive through the state of Kansas again, I will not be heartbroken.
2. My kids did awesome on our trip and on the way home they even learned how to sleep in the car (at least at night).
3. Having a cold out west in the dry heat was the worst!
4. I have a new appreciation for humidity.
5. I loved that my kids were able to experience the beauty of the West and to see things they have never seen before.

For our reunion in St. George, we were able to stay in the most beautiful house. It was massive and gorgeous and had the most wonderful pool. Sadly the pool was out of order for most of the week, unfortunately not before my poor little Tiger became covered in hives from the excessive chlorine, but we did finally get to use it on our last day. Look how much fun we had. I think I need a pool one day.

 Why just go down the slide when you can jump off of the top of the structure. Besides, the slide is for babies, like me.


 Why just jump off of the structure when you can flip off of the structure? I had no idea that my boy could do this. I was flabbergasted.


 Why just flip off of the structure when you can do a back flip with a twist? Way to show the kids how it's done Uncle Mike.


 Although, sometimes you just want to jump and see how big of a splash you can make.
 The cutest was when my nephew Miles decided that he wanted to jump. It took him a little bit to get the courage to finally throw himself off of the ledge, but he did it and he did it several times. What a little man!


 My brother Scott showing us his perfect jumping form.
Ah, my tasty little Schmeggers. I could smooch on this girl all day. She was happy to just sit in the shade and support the insanity from the safety of Grandma's lap.

Don't worry, there's more to come from our trip. Who knows what tasty little tidbits I will feel like posting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Buffy said...

eh hem! I had no idea you were in the same state as me! You should have notified me! I would have gladly met you somewhere on the side of the highway as you passed on by! That house looks awesome! And we love St. George. Was it a vacation rental? Send me the link!

shawn dehner said...

Well done!!

Dehner Family said...

You got some great pictures!! If only we had the pool the entire week.... bummer. Miss you guys so much already!!