Monday, August 13, 2012

Track 2012

Every year I am totally surprised when Sparky tells me that he want to do track, but I am thrilled that he likes it so much and it is a fine way to spend a Saturday morning.

This was the year of the long jump for my boy. It turns out that he really has a great natural jump and even came in third for his group. I like to pretend that the guy measuring my boy's jump in the picture above is opening his mouth in awe and not just because he is a little bit bored and yawning.

Look at the height. Quite impressive in my book.
My favorite moment of track this year was when he informed me that he is now more of a distance runner. His preferred distance you ask? Well, that would be the 200m. Yep, he's a distance runner all right. Although, that is slightly up from last year's favorite race which was the 100m.

1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

Wow 200 meters. That is serious distance :) He looks amazing at the long jump. I see a future Olympian in the family!!