Monday, February 4, 2013

My morning routine

6:00 - My alarm goes off
6:15 - I finally get up, telling myself that tomorrow I will actually get up at 6:00, and that tomorrow I will start exercising as soon as I get up.
6:35 - I go into my sleeping Woo's room and tenderly start to wake up my sleeping princess. Like her mother, she does not embrace the morning. I rub her back a few times and then she rolls over and I climb into bed with her so that I can snuggle her awake and kiss her delicious cheeks. She moans and whines about being tired and that she wishes school was cancelled.
6:40 - Snuggle time is over and I turn her light on so that she has to wake up.
6:45 - I quietly sneak into the boys' room to wake up Sparky. I rub the top of his head a couple of times and he very considerately gets up, wanders into my bedroom, and then tucks himself into my bed to warm up and wake up.
6:50 - I start making breakfast, whatever that is for the day.
7:00 - Sparky and Woo find their way downstairs and eat breakfast and make their lunches.
7:25 - I go in and wake up Tiger. Like his sister, he prefers a gentle wake up and so I rub his back a few times and then crawl into bed with him to snuggle him awake. If he is in a good mood, he rolls over and wraps his sweet little arms around my neck and nuzzles my cheek with his cheek and says, "Good morning Mama," and then we snuggle for a few minutes while I scratch his back and he tries to wake up. Then, I pick him up and carry a floppy boy downstairs. If he is in a bad mood, he rolls over the other way and goes back to sleep and tells me he is too tired and that he doesn't want to wake up. I try to rub his back and snuggle him for a few minutes, but then I give up and tell him to come downstairs when he is ready.
7:30 - Ideally this is when we read scriptures and have our family prayer.
7:35 - When we usually start reading scriptures and have our family prayer.
7:40 - The older two kids run out the door to catch the bus.
The rest of the morning is spent in various ways, usually with me dreaming of a nap, until Tiger catches the bus at 11:30 am.

A picture of the clock from last Friday. It was 6 degrees. It was very cold. This morning was downright balmy at about 14 degrees.


No comments: