Thursday, November 5, 2009

Busted

Seven years ago we moved into this house and signed up for basic cable. At the time of the cable installation, the cable guy forgot to bring the block that would give us our basic cable versus the standard cable. He said that he would be back with the block, but apparently he forgot and so for the past 7 years we have been enjoying all the perks of standard cable at basic cable rates. I must say that it has been heavenly. Well you may remember that this summer Doug lovingly surprised me with a DVR box for our cable which has brought us joys previously unknown. Unfortunately it turns out that there is a down side to our beloved DVR. Apparently the DVR box speaks directly to the cable company and so yesterday the mistake that the cable guy made seven years ago was rectified. Sad, sad, sad. Sad, sad, sad. So, what to do now? The thought of paying for television is rather sickening, but at the same time what am I going to do without my Foodnetwork and Bravo TV? How will I watch my Project Runway? We can't return the DVR box because then they will know that we can still get the standard cable if we bypass the box and then they will come and fix that little glitch. We can't keep paying for the DVR box and not pay for it. So, do we suck it up and start paying the full amount? Do we go the Dish route? So many questions my friends, so many questions.

1 comment:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

I would suck it up and pay, because how can a fulfilling life be lived without BBC America and Lifetime and all those other goodies?