Sunday, February 27, 2011

Joy of Love: Day 25

When you love them the most

The first thing I thought of when I saw this assignment topic was the fact that Doug cleans the kitchen every night after dinner (when he is home) because he knows how much I despise doing that after I just spent all that time making dinner.  Since I refuse to take a picture of my horrible kitchen, I realized that I needed to find something else.  That brings us to this picture.  I really wish that I had a before shot of this room.  This is the room that my boys share.  For the last two weeks it has been completely covered with toys/clothes/trash/junk, except for some cleared pathways to the beds.  98% of the mess was done by the littlest boy, who seems to be allergic to clean rooms, which is why the room was never clean.  The thought of cleaning this room was completely overwhelming to me.  Yesterday as I was tackling my other overwhelming task (the dreaded laundry), Doug very sweetly took the boys into this room and the three of them cleaned everything up.  That was love.  Then this room proceeded to stay this clean for about 2 hours.  Really, a miracle that it lasted that long.

No comments: