Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Joy of Love: Day 8


Gift from the Heart


For those of you who are around me on a regular basis, you know that winter and I do not get along.  I don't like it.  It depresses me and I want to spend months holed up in my bed.  So let me take you back a year to a dark, cold, dreary February day.  It was a Saturday, there was a good foot or so of snow on the ground, and I had to go to a Baby Shower.  Normally lots of fun, but this was coming at the end of a very bad week and going out was the last thing I wanted to do.  It was weird because I was totally stalling my exit and for some reason Doug was practically pushing me out the door to the Shower.  So what else could I do?  I reluctantly left.  I survived the Shower and came home to my cute family outside shoveling the driveway and playing in the snow.  They were cute and I was happy to be home.  I went upstairs to change my clothes, totally prepared to climb back into bed and spend the rest of the day reading, when Doug called me to come downstairs.  Doug and the kids were all standing around the table grinning really big and acting rather strange and then they all burst out "Surprise" as they uncovered a box with this camera in it.  It took a second for me to register what I was seeing, but as soon as I figured it out I burst into tears.  After I had left for the shower they all piled into the car and headed to the store to buy this present for me.  It was seriously the best surprise Doug has ever given me.  I have wanted a DSLR camera for many, many years now but I just assumed it would be many, many more years before I could actually get one because they are so expensive and money is always so tight and I was fine with that.  Well, it turns out that Doug had spent that previous year tucking money away in a secret account so that he could buy me a camera.  That was true love and proof that he can still surprise me after all of these years.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

You are a very lucky lady. That is true love right there. Way to go Doug!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you had a new camera. What a great gift. Men really are happiest when they are doing "things" for their sweethearts.