Monday, October 3, 2011

I remember a time long, long ago

There was a time in my life when I could sleep.  All. Night. Long.  I would lay down, close my little eyes and drift off to dream land.  I wouldn't even move because I was so asleep.  Occasionally I would turn over, but very rarely would I have a night when I would toss and turn, or heaven forbid, not sleep.  I miss those days.  However, I wouldn't go back to those days because those were also the days when I did not have a husband or kids and those additions have made my present life so much better.  But every now and then, when I find myself totally exhausted and wanting nothing more than to sleep, I remember those days and think about how nice they were.

4 comments:

Kurt & Shawn said...

Amen, and then comes teenagers and then comes menopause and then, well I will have to get back to you on that. Auntie loves you!!!!

Tiffany + Drew said...

Seriously, AMEN!!

Anonymous said...

Your post was like reading a comment from my wife. Sleep is the bane of her existence.

Dehner Family said...

Miles spent a lot of time looking at your blog this morning... Even though he saw the pictures the other day, I could hear him giggling and muttering things about Ty being a funny pirate.