Friday, October 7, 2011

Lots of pictures featuring apple picking

It is no secret that this is the time of year when I start dreading winter, however one thing I do love about Fall is picking apples and lucky for us our cousins came up to pick apples with us as well.  Once again we had ourselves a fabulous time and the weather could not have been better.  Here are two boy cousins.  Can you tell which one is mine and is used to being told to smile for the camera?  Tanner was having none of my picture taking on this day.
Tiger left the pirate costume at home and seemed to bring the weird with him instead.
A kid pose
My girl and I
Captain weirdo and myself
A Sarah in a tree
Next to the apple trees was a pumpkin patch, I don't know if we were really allowed to pick the pumpkins, but that didn't stop this girl from picking one and boy was she proud to show off her treasure.
What trip to the orchard would be complete without the throwing of  rotting apples?  Truly a sport for boys.
And here we have what I like to call "The Sleeping Series".  These two crack me up!  Here we have Tiger and Mary "sleeping."
Still "sleeping"
Oh my, it appears as if sweet Mary has arisen from her blissful slumber.  I wonder, pray tell, will Tiger soon follow?
"Tiger.  Tiger.  Wake up."
Sorry Mary, no dice.  Although you gave it a good try.  You might as well just give in and join him once again in his make believe trip to dreamland.  You see, when Tiger commits to a pretend situation, he REALLY commits.
Finally, with "naps" and picking aside, it was time to get out a bit more energy and what is better for that then running up and down a big hill?  Or, in Tanner's case, rolling down a big hill.
Outside of the little market was an Amish woman selling various goods.  I believe this was probably her buggy, but I can't be sure.  Little Mary could hardly resist climbing inside and since no one said anything, I decided to get a picture of it. 
Here's a full picture of the buggy.
It really was a great day and we were quite sad that it had to come to an end.  Thank you cousins for driving up to spend the day with us.  We loved every minute and are already planning on inviting ourselves down to your neck of the woods soon!

2 comments:

Kurt & Shawn said...

Gotta love the cousins!!

Unknown said...

So fun! I miss the apple picking and the Amish, and the ward! You look beautiful Beth:)