Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 1 - A day of pain

Back in October, a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with her on December 1. "Sure," I said, because I don't run and so choosing to run a 5k when it is cold outside seemed like the logical thing to do. These are the things that I learned from this experience:

1. Running when it is cold outside is really quite nice because you don't get all sweaty and nasty.
2. It is really hard to convince yourself to go outside and run when it is cold outside because all I want to do is stay inside, snuggled up in a warm blanket, watching Hulu and catching up on all of the shows I have missed.
3. I really need more than a month to train for a 5k. This has a lot to do with #2, I might have missed a few days of running because I am weak when it comes to the cold.
4. I have old lady feet and they require really expensive running shoes. On the bright side, since I have bad feet, and have bought really expensive running shoes, I wear them all the time because they are the only shoes that I can wear without complaint which means that I am totally getting my money's worth. Plus, they are bright, blazing pink.
5. I think I have shin splints.
6. I got my worst time ever on a 5k race, but I had more fun at this race than any of the others I have done because the company was so good and it's just more fun to run when you are wearing jingle bells. If I do this next year, I'm wearing Santa shorts and striped socks.




4 comments:

Emilia said...

You wear those antlers well, girl! I had fun, too, despite our abysmal time. I'm all for blaming it on Nathaniel, though. I'm sure if it had just been us, we would have done better. ;)

Amber said...

YAY! Go Beth! I am proud of you.

Kurt Dehner said...

What a cute reindeer. You go girl.

shawn dehner said...

Yup, I borned that reindeer!!!