Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I'm trying not to think about it

Yesterday as I was walking up the stairs I noticed a black spider, about the size of a quarter, sitting at the top of the front door frame. This spider was far too big to squish with a tissue, and I was in too much of a hurry to try to catch it, or in all honesty, try to suck it up with the vacuum. So I continued up the stairs and decided not to think about it. I didn't want to think about its creepy little 8-legged self and where it might be going. I wanted to just pretend like I never saw it. So, that's what I did. At least that's what I did until I came back down the stairs a bit later and saw it crawling along the wall on the way to the blinds in the front window. But once again I didn't have time to deal with this icky little pest, I had a boy to get off to school. By the time I was done getting lunch for my boy I noticed that Creepy, for that is what I had decided to name him, was now situated at the top of the blinds and there he sat for quite some time. He was there as I ate my own lunch. He was there an hour later as I was cleaning up the kitchen. However, by the time the kids came home from school, he was no longer on his little perch on top of the blinds. Where did he go? Is he still hiding up there somewhere? Is he somewhere else nearby? Has he gone to get friends which are then going to invade my front room and form a spider crown molding, all the time judging me and threatening to attack at any moment? What is his next move?? These are the things I am trying not to think about.

1 comment:

shawn dehner said...

Your mama would have been all over that!!!!