Sunday, May 26, 2013

Meeting up with the Johnsons

A week ago we had the opportunity to head up to Kirtland to meet up with a very dear friend and her family. They were driving through on a church history tour and there was no way I was going to miss this opportunity for a little reunion. You see, I haven't seen my friend Marcy in at least 17 years and I have missed her terribly. What's cool is that her husband Jamey is also a good friend of mine as well. I had the great honor of being there the moment these two love birds met at the bell tower of BYU over 20 years ago. It was love at first sight for these two and now, here we are years and years later looking older but feeling like no time at all has gone by.
Here we all are standing in the obligatory photo spot. The Johnsons have three kids ranging in ages that correspond pretty well to the ages of my own kids which meant that each of my kids had an instant buddy to hang out with.
While we waited outside in the beautiful weather for the Johnsons to finish their temple tour, I decided to make my kids sit for a few pictures. This picture captures their moods perfectly. The boys had been at a Father/Son's campout the night before and so they were deliriously tired. This fatigue had left Tiger a little less than thrilled with life, Sparky was pretty slap-happy, and Woo was her usual giggly self.
I couldn't resist the chance to attempt a family picture. The kids weren't thrilled, but they humored me, and that's all that I ask. Although our time together in Kirtland was quite short, we had such a great time and we were so glad that we went. I will definitely not let another 17 years go by before I see these dear friends again. 

No comments: