Sunday, May 5, 2013

Reasons for sporadic blogging and a Girl Scout trip

1. Painting, painting, and more painting due to trying to get my house ready to sell. By the way, painting baseboards is the worst!
2. Kid insanity
3. Personal insanity
4. Mental exhaustion due to trying to figure out what I am going to do with all of the stuff in my house so that we can sell it.
5. Pinched nerve in my back, leaving me unable to move for 3 days.
6. Allergies out the wazoo for the kids as well as colds.

However, I was able to go on a little excursion with my Woo and her Girl Scout troop a couple of weekends ago. It was the annual over-nighter and this year we were in a historical museum/village set in the days of the Civil War.

 The Apothecary's office.
 A happy, but cold Woo.
 Another part of the Apothecary's office.
 Since we went through the village at night, everything was lit by lanterns.
 I love this girl to pieces!
 Woo, working on bandages to help with the Women's suffrage movement in the Doctor's house.
 A skeleton in the Doctor's house.
 We slept in various places around the museum. Here is the view at the top of my bed where I had the "pleasure" of "sleeping".
 And here is the view at the foot of my bed. I was so worried that the lights weren't going to go out in the display cases when it was time to go to sleep and that they would keep me up all night. It turns out that I didn't need to worry about that at all. It turns out what I should have been concerned about was whether or not they would turn out any of the overhead lights. They did not. Sleeping in this museum was far from my favorite.
 Early morning soldier roll call.
 Woo, working the spinning wheel. She would have done awesome if she had lived in the 1800's.
 Is there any mail for me?
We couldn't leave without getting a picture with the giant Mastodon. I love going on these trips with my girl. She is so much fun and so adventurous and I can hardly wait until our next one.

No comments: