Tuesday, January 22, 2013

He's a bigger boy now

The first tooth has fallen out of this boy's head and he handled it just like I would have, and did, when I was little. He was queasy and freaked out and probably a little light headed as he held his tiny little tooth in his hand. I know this because to this day I still can't handle the sight of a loose tooth. The sight, or even the thought of a loose tooth makes me feel queasy and freaked out and sometimes even a little light headed and so I was very familiar with the look on Tiger's face as he held his newly lost tooth and felt the hole in his mouth where his tooth once resided. As freaked out as we both were, I was very happy that this tooth had finally come out because he had basically refused to eat for almost 24 hours because the tooth was so loose and he was so freaked out by the feel of the loose tooth in his mouth. Luckily, on this momentous day,  I was finally able to convince him to eat some lunch and right before we were supposed to leave for the bus stop, out popped the tooth. The timing couldn't have been more perfect and Tiger couldn't have been more proud to have finally lost a tooth. 


And just for kicks, here's a picture of Sparky when he was missing the exact same tooth.

2 comments:

Dehner Family said...

That picture of Sparky totally made my day!! He looks so young.

Dehner Family said...

And congrats to Tiger!! I hate loose teeth too. It gives me the willies.