Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday

Today my boy got sick at church and I had to bring him home. Poor Sparky. He was such a trooper and waited until we got home before he allowed all of the fluids to come out of his body. Once that was done he bounced right back and is now his usual chipper self.

We are back to 9:00 am church. It is delightful. As much as I deeply dislike getting up early, I love having a nice and long relaxing Sunday afternoon. It is going to be particularly lovely when summer comes around.

My very most favorite kind of donut is a simple cake donut generously dusted with cinnamon and sugar. The granulated kind, not powdered sugar. These, for some strange reason, are very hard to find around these here parts and so this afternoon I attempted to make some myself. They were pretty good, but not quite perfect. Regardless, I'm sure it was the perfect way to start my new-year healthy eating regimen, because nothing says healthy like deep fried sugar.

Starting tomorrow I am going to start getting up at 6:00 am every morning. Every single morning. OK, maybe on Saturdays I will sleep until 7:00 am, but other than that I am going to get up at 6:00 am. Even as I type that time I feel a little part of myself die inside. There is nothing I despise more than waking up early, but sometimes it's necessary to take drastic action when you are trying to make things change. I have done an extensive study and it turns out that whining doesn't make things change, actions make things change. Bummer, because I've tried the whining so now it's time to try action. Wish me luck because I need it.

No comments: