Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Nineteen

So. Very. Tired. I need to go to bed before 11:00 pm. I need to find a way to sleep all night. I need to find a way to stop crashing every afternoon around 3:00. And I need my head to stop hurting. But, on a positive note, I woke up at 6:00 this morning! It was really hard and I really didn't want to get up, but I did. And then I showered (huge accomplishment). I even managed to get everyone out the door in time (another huge accomplishment since I had taken a shower and I am not known for my speediness in the personal prep department).

On another note, my dear friend moves away this weekend and although my heart is cold and hard due to all of the friends that have moved away over the years, I am sad. I shall now try to organize my kitchen.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Beth, I am in the same state you are with our friend leaving. I hate making new friends. I was just so comfortable.

Carolyn said...

About your 3:00 p.m. crash . . .
I am a fan of the siesta. (Official Wikipedia definition: A short nap taken in the early afternoon, often after the midday meal.) However, my work schedule doesn't allow it very often. But when it does, it is DELICIOUS. Just set an alarm for 20 min (or 30, or 45, or whatever you need), lay on your bed, and let your stress gooooooo. Sometimes you sleep. Sometimes you don't. ... I don't know if this will be possible with a Tiger around, but if it is, it may make that 6:00 a.m. wake up a bit more tolerable.

Sharlynn said...

Good job Beth. Getting up isn't easy and it is okay to have power naps.

As for the friend moving, that is hard. You guys are in a tough area where lots of good friends come and go. Hope you get to spend some good time with that friend before they leave.

Emilia said...

Boo on the moving!!

You clearly need a breakfast with me and a cute baby and possibly other kid free moms. Next week. You name the place.