Thursday, March 31, 2011

From now on, I think that I will be all about paying a venue for my children's birthday parties

The venue:  JoAnn Etc.
The reason:  KK's birthday
The theme:  Crafts!

 Here we have the excited party girl, bursting out of her skin with the desire to craft.
 The desire has been met.  She is now lost in painting happiness.
 After an hour of meticulous painting and sticker placement, the birdhouse is finished.
Next up, decorating cupcakes!

This party was awesome.  I gave money to JoAnn's and they provided a party.  The girls were able to do a craft, decorate a cupcake, eat pizza, and they had employees orchestrating the whole thing.  I didn't have to do anything!  There was no stress, no frantically cleaning my house only to have it trashed by the party-goers, no pressure coming up with a party theme and then figuring out how to pull it off and what to put in the goodie bags, and it was really reasonably priced.  It was the best birthday party I have every thrown.  I think that I am now hooked on paying other people to do my birthday parties.  Fortunately I don't have to throw another one (with friends) until 2012.

4 comments:

Heather A said...

That sounds awesome. Just like the kind of party my oldest would like. I might have to look into it. Looks like a great time.

Kurt & Shawn said...

What a crafty girl and a crafty mom!!!

Valerie said...

Great party ideas:)

Valerie said...

I'm totally with you. I'm seriously considering having Lara's first friend party somewhere besides my house and where I don't have to cook.