Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Helpless

This asthma thing is a whole new world for me.  I have to say that I never really gave it much of a thought.  In fact, I am still kind of in denial that it is really something that I need to think about.  I think that I keep waiting for it to just go away.  But then every night as I lay in bed, I listen to my sweet Woo cough and cough her little lungs out.  Because unbeknownst to me until recently, coughing is a huge symptom of asthma and my little Woo is constantly coughing day and night.  It makes her sad and she isn't sleeping well and it makes me feel helpless.  Aside from her inhalers and the humidifier, I don't know what else I can do to help her.  I need to do some research.  I am also taking her to the allergist next week.  I think that is going to be very interesting and informative as well.  She is a dreamboat and I just want her to be happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer, I have had asthma for 20 years...my heart goes out to your sweet woo!