Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

Today I learned, or rather was reminded, that you should always look for the positive in every situation.  And so on this dreary, cold, and rainy day I am trying my hardest to find the positives in life so that I can get through this day.  Here's what I can come up with:

1.  My head isn't pounding as hard at this moment as it was last night, or the night before, or the night before.
2.  Two of three kids are at school.
3.  The third child is happily and quietly playing Wii.
4.  It isn't raining as hard today as it was yesterday.
5.  Only one day left this week until the weekend.
6.  I get to take my sweet girl to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on Saturday.
7.  I get to go out with my mom and sister tomorrow night (which is purely a coincidence that it is on the same night as the school's spaghetti dinner :)
8.  I don't have to go to the school's spaghetti dinner (which means that Doug doesn't have to go to the spaghetti dinner :)
9.  The dreary, dark skies makes my floors look less dusty and dirty.
10. I came across this quote today and I love it!  "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"  --Plato.  It is so very true, don't you think?

No comments: