Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Joy of Luck: Days 1 & 2

Gift
Prompt: What inanimate object/thing/concept is something that you take for granted on a daily basis?  What would someone who is not as fortunate as you are say about your “luck” to have such a thing in  your life?
Since the weather has been warmer this past week, I have spent more time outside in the neighborhood chatting with my neighbors.  My neighbors are very nice, but it is apparent when I talk to them about life and whatnot that a college degree is not something that they have had the fortune to acheive.  This has made me very grateful for my education and the opportunity I had to go to college.   I am also grateful for Doug's college degree and education and the chance that it gives us to have a better life.  This is a picture of our graduation tassels.  They hang on the bulletin board in my kitchen so that I can look at them every day and be grateful for what I have.  Sometimes I forget what a gift these truly are.


Green

Glimpses of spring in my garden, pushing with all their might through the dismal remains of winter.  This is a sight that truly makes me happy and gives me hope.

1 comment:

Kurt & Shawn said...

Fabulous on both fronts!!!