Sunday, March 27, 2011

On Saturday we had a baptism

Since this little girl turned 8 this past Monday, it was time for this girl to be baptized.  My, oh my, was she excited!
 We dressed her like a white little princess,
 took some pictures, and headed to the church.
 Where we proceeded to take some more pictures.  Here we are, the proud and beaming parents and one very excited girl.
 The dad/baptizer and the girl of the day.
 Here I am after the baptism, clutching two of my children and mentally willing them to stop growing.  This baptism was a rough one for me and I cried my little eyes out the whole way through it.  I just can't believe that my little baby girl is as old as she is and I haven't even had a say in it.  (See, if you look really close you can see my lovely puffy eyes.  All I can say is that I am glad that waterproof mascara has been invented).
My cute little family.  I am so proud of my girl and I am so happy that she decided to be baptized.  She is a special one and great things are ahead of her in her life.  I will just have to make sure that I am always wearing waterproof mascara so that I am ready for whatever comes her way.

5 comments:

rachel said...

I cry at my kids' baptisms too. I just can't help it. I sit there and think of them when they were babies, toddlers, etc and it gets me every time. :)

Heather A said...

You guys all look great! What a special day! I'm glad for her.

Dehner Family said...

Kelsey looks heavenly in her white dress. I'm glad it was a great day for her!

Diane said...

Loved this post. What a doll and a special day. Beth, you look great in these pics.

Kurt & Shawn said...

We loved the entire time. She is such a beauty in body and spirit. What a smart kid you have!!!!