Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today

It is raining. . .and raining. . .and raining.  And tomorrow it will be raining.  But today, it is raining.  I am not a fan of rain.  It ruins my hair.  If I had some natural curl, or kink, or really any sort of texture whatsoever I might not mind the rain so much.  But I don't, and so I really dislike the rain.  It makes me look like a drowned rat with 5 strands of hair.

Aside from the rain, I am thinking about dust mites.  It turns out that this is possibly a huge cause of my poor girl's cough.  There are other causes too, but this is a big one.  This means that I need to encase her bed in protective coverings and have the air vents all cleaned out.  My girl saw a picture of a dust mite in the allergist's office yesterday and was pretty grossed out by it.  I don't blame her.  It is pretty gross to think about.  But this is why I love my girl.  Instead of allowing herself to be overcome by her revulsion, she turned to me and said, "I think I am going to pretend that it is a lady bug.  Lady bugs are much better to think about."  She's right.  Lady bugs are much better to think about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet - and smart - girl!

Kurt & Shawn said...

She IS the WOO!!!

Mom24 said...

We went through this with Jacob, he had a horrible cough for more than a year. We had him allergy tested, he was allergic to everything, especially dust mites, my worst nightmare as I am a horrible cleaner.

Knocking on wood, the cough is no longer a constant issue. He's off all meds. Unfortunately, my house is no cleaner. He even had a down comforter on his bed this winter. There's dust on his walls. *sigh*

Where was I? Oh yes, things are much, much better, I believe because he has a huge (too big) air cleaner in his room that runs constantly. When Mark changed the filter (it's a once a year thing) it was incredibly disgusting so I know it's doing it's thing.

Something to think about anyway. Good luck.