Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A daring and bold move on my part

They say that early to bed and early to rise will make a man healthy and wealthy and wise. I have always been more of a fan of kind of late to bed and then sleep in for a while and then around 10:00 I am good to go. Really, if I could just sleep in until at least 8:00 every day that would be just perfect. Alas, I know that is not an option when school starts in a couple of weeks and I am dreading it. They also say that staying consistent in the time you go to bed and the time that you wake up in the morning is key. Since I absolutely love to sleep in and I love, love, love to be in bed, this is not a practice that I follow. I may have to get up early during the week when the kids are in school, but you better believe that when the weekend comes I am sleeping in as long as possible. The problem is that I have thoroughly been enjoying my sleeping in a bit too much this summer and absolutely nothing is getting done and my house is a mess. So, here's the daring move I am about to make. Bum, bum, bum . . . starting on Sunday (a usually beloved sleep-in day) I will be waking up at 6:30 am and going to bed by 10:00 pm every day for an entire month (I thought about 6:00 am, but that just seemed a little too painful). I will test out the theory of consistency and see if it rings true. I will also be giving up a good week and a half of precious sleep-in days. I will then document my thoughts and feelings on the subject which you will all have the pleasure of reading. I have a feeling it will be very painful, but maybe my laundry will actually get folded. Hmm, so many possibilities. Wish me luck because I think I am going to need it.

6 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Good luck. I am anxious to hear if it really does make a difference. I am sure at first it will feel like it isn't making a difference but it should get better. Good luck girl and I will be checking in to hear how it is going.

Kurt & Shawn said...

I will be checking and I applaud your exploration and documentation. Remember, you are a Seymour/Dehner and they can do anything!!!!!!

Dehner Family said...

How exciting! The 10 pm bedtime sounds so nice. If I could pull myself away from the tv I think my body would love going to bed at that time. Good luck!!

Buffy said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes, cause I am going to have to be doing the same thing soon:(

Kasey said...

Your mother commented the other day that we must be cousins. I think so because I feel the same way about my sleep. The school year kills me in the beginning, but then gets better if I'm consistant. I do still love my late nights, but I have to be careful or I'm worthless the next day. Good luck with your plan! May the force be with you!

Marie Hatch Chambers said...

I bet it will be good for you in many ways!

Good luck making such a hard change. I understand that consistancy (even on the weekend ) is a big factor in the whole sleep thing. :)

I am excited to hear how it goes for you.