Monday, August 30, 2010

A lot happened on the first day of school

It was also this boy's birthday and he hit the big double digits! I keep telling him to stop growing, but he isn't listening to me.
The day started with a trip for some birthday donuts with Dad. Then, I made some cupcakes for Sparky's class. Then all focus was turned to the birthday night. This birthday was all about Legos. I attempted to make some marshmallow fondant for this little Lego cake masterpiece, but it didn't work out the best. Apparently I am not the Ace of Cakes.


All the boy really wanted for his birthday this year (aside from Legos) was the computer game Spore, but we threw in a few other things as well.
After the birthday dinner, Sparky strapped on his Scout uniform and we headed off to pack meeting where he received his Bear badged and moved onto Weblos. Way to go Sparky!

I think it was a good day. Stay tuned for pictures from his birthday party which occurred this past weekend.

1 comment:

Kurt & Shawn said...

What a great young man!!!