Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day Eleven

Tiger: Mom, do I like peanut butter?
Me: No, peanut butter makes you sick.
Tiger: Yes, peanut butter makes me sick and chocolate makes me better. Mmmm, chocolate is so yummy and delicious. . .and spicy. It's spicy and it makes me better.


Today I feel as if a black cloud has been lifted from me. Oh yes, school started today. I didn't realize how incredibly ready I was to send the kids back to school. Now only one more week and then Tiger will start school as well. I almost feel like I can breathe again.

Yesterday I totally didn't try to wake up early at all because it was the last day of summer break, but lucky (??) for me Tiger decided to wake up at 7:30 and so that got me going a bit. Today however, I set my alarm for 6:15 and, . . . wait for it . . . I got up, and I stayed up (and it's even darker at 6:15 than it is at 6:30). Ok, granted I had to get the kids up at 6:30, but still, I consider the fact that I got up a little bit early a huge success. Especially considering the fact that I didn't go to bed until 1:00 am. To shake things up a bit, this morning I tried turning the light on as soon as I woke up and it made a huge difference (for those of you concerned for my other half, that man can sleep through anything). Now I just have to figure out some way to have the lights come on automatically when my alarm goes off. That would be an immense help in my waking up efforts.

Oh, and today is Sparky's birthday. My boy has hit the double digits!

3 comments:

Kenna said...

You are making progress! It does usually help to go to bed early if you are getting up early, though!

Happy Birthday to dillon!

Dehner Family said...

Doug sleeps through the light being turned on?? That is awesome. Another great thing about Doug!!

Valerie said...

Does it count if you get up at 6:15, get the kids off to school, and then go back to sleep? Technically it's just a nap? That's what I would do!

Seriously though, congratulations and keep on going!