Monday, August 23, 2010

Day Nine

I am just going to skip days 7 & 8 because they were utter failures. Moving on to today: Success. I awoke at 6:35 (because it took me 5 minutes to hear my alarm) and stayed awake. I'm not going to lie. It hurt and every part of me was begging to roll over and just go back to sleep. But I didn't, even though it was cloudy and dark in my room, even though it was nice and cool and I was warm and snugly. Nope, I stayed awake. Now the question is, will waking up early become easy? Can it become a habit for me? Can I even do this tomorrow, on my last day of summer vacation? For those are the true tests of this experiment.

2 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Good job Beth! You got this.

Kasey said...

It was dark at 6:30 am? Man! The sun is up and out at 5 am here. I have lots of friends whose kids are up by 6am. I'm so glad I'm lucky and my kids sleep till atleast 7. Good job on getting up though. Practice makes perfect. ;)