Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day Four

8:15, not good! But in my defense, I was up during the night with a coughing girl, it is cloudy outside, my room is nice and cool, my bed is snugly, the kids are still asleep, and I am so very weak. Tomorrow - NO excuses!

On a side note, do kids really need birthday parties? Sparky's birthday is next week and I promised him a party this year but I am completely unmotivated and have no desire of putting one together. I have to say that his birth date really was not planned very well and is quite inconvenient. Sigh. Don't worry, some sort of party will happen. I am not that mean of a mom.

4 comments:

Kenna said...

Keep trying Beth! You'll get there!

My kids love to have parties too. I told them I will only do a 'friend' party on the years they have an even birthday (takes the pressure off of me a little). I also told them they will get better presents from mom and dad if we don't have to pay for a party!

I have Tyler's swim trunks. I will try to get them in the mail this week.

Valerie said...

Aren't birthdays by that age just cake and he plays with his friends on his own? That's what I'm hoping for...

I've been trying to get to bed early to follow your good example!

rachel said...

I don't do parties until the kids are 4, and then I got wise and decided that after age 8, they don't do "parties" anymore. Instead, we take them some place fun with friends. When they get older they don't want hokey party games anyway, so going somewhere is much more cool and much easier. (And they can only invite a couple of friends).

Trish said...

I somehow get sucked into one every year. The precedence is now set and I am going to either let one child down big time or I'm going to kill myself keeping up with it. So good girl keeping it to whenever you promise!! Also, once school starts, you will be up. Way to practice.